it's a girl!!

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

it's a girl!!
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

I just spoke with my parents - on May 30, I will have a beautiful ragdoll baby girl! Oh my stars, after five boys (a 'rugby team', if you will - as mom had also said, about how my cousin Kathryn only gave birth to boys LOL) I will finally have a daughter!!

Mom insisted on a princess name, preferably a Disney one (although she did reject 'Mulan', which yes I suggested because Ming-Na voices the character) - but airing tradition still stands, so we need to consider a Capcom name as well! So, bearing in mind Capcom made a few of the Disney games such as, say, Aladdin, I accepted mom's suggestion to name her Jasmine. Her full name will be Jasmine Daniella Rosemary Farrell, and her birthday is April 4, so I guesstimate we can book her 'operation' for Nightwalker Month.

And Jasmine is coming all the way from Liverpool, from a very lovely Chinese family there actually... so law permitting, I will have to consider going there for my birthday shopping this year! I was meant to go for my 35th, but the events resulting in my creating Ibuki's Law made me feel too sick to go; and if not for the pandemic, yes I would have considered going for my 36th.

Sat May 08, 2021 8:37 am
Alexis
Kombatant

Species: Human

Congratulations on Jasmine
Sat May 08, 2021 2:23 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Alexis wrote:
Congratulations on Jasmine

Thank you, Alexis! I will do the expected 'new kitten' post when she arrives, I'm sure y'all can't wait for it ^_^

And indeed I was planning to wait for a bit, before my parents and I talk kittens - but this morning, I phoned dad only to learn he and mom were driving somewhere. I figured they were going on one of their drives across the country, what with restrictions being lifted and all; and I was actually in the middle of writing a list of potential Capcom names, for when I do have a new kitten... when mom phoned, telling me to check my Facebook messenger. I realised my parents must be trying to surprise me, that they had already found me a new kitten - and I was correct! My parents took a few pictures and even two videos of this little beauty!

I have submitted my favourite two pictures of Jasmine, to be added in the Pet Gallery. If mom takes any more pictures when Jasmine arrives, I will submit a few of those as well.

And because Jasmine is coming from a lovely Chinese family, I have agreed with Gran that yes I should give Chun Li a mention for this year's Street Fighter mandate. There's still no guarantee if Santa Claude is coming to town (although I do have the special frame, ready for that), so we'll have to decide what other goodies could be left under the tree. I am considering various options, so watch this space closer to the time!

Sat May 08, 2021 4:31 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Also, I have just realised Jasmine's middle name 'Rosemary' is a traditional Capcom name - it's the name of the beautiful baby girl, in Resident Evil Village. ^_^

I had already fulfilled the Capcom requirement, by naming my kitty Jasmine (Princess Jasmine, obviously, does feature in the Aladdin game) and bestowing the middle name 'Daniella' (after my favourite stalker, on Haunting Ground); I picked the middle name 'Rosemary' after a character from Steambot Chronicles (very cute game), which was made by Irem and yes I had it as an airing gift for my previous airing celebration. But as it turns out, I've entirely followed tradition with my new kitten's full name - good old me Happy

Sun May 09, 2021 5:46 am
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

Congratulations
Mon May 10, 2021 4:16 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Congratulations!
Tue May 11, 2021 4:47 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

thank you both ^_^

And little Jasmine is certainly a princess and she knows it, from what I've seen so far! Because Yoshimoto was Raul's successor, I realise this means Jasmine will be Raul the 3rd - just as Thunder is Blinky the 3rd (he is successor to Mel, who was Blinky's successor)!

In fact, I knew you in particular, Lemmy, would want to post. On Revenge of the Fifth (the day before we surrendered Yoshimoto; yes, we surrendered him on Revenge of the Sixth), I went shopping... and as well as getting myself a bit of food, my purchases included the NES game Dr Mario, and the GBA remake of Super Mario World. Because mom called Yoshimoto 'Yoshi' for short, yes I figured Super Mario World -the debut game, for our favourite hungry green dino- would make a cute me-style means, of praying for my sick kitty 0:-); but Dr Mario is a very addictive game, so I couldn't say no to that either!

As you're a Mario fan, I figured you'd be proud of me for my purchases - especially Super Mario World, because your namesake is therein (he's the boss of castle #3). Heck, when we lost Lemmy Kilmister (from whom the Lemmy Koopa character took his name)... some clever monkey did this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEvAEF1FHUI

...At least, however, my prayers for Yoshimoto to live were answered, right? I'm sure his new owners (if that's possible) will love him as I did...

Tue May 11, 2021 8:11 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Tue May 11, 2021 4:03 pm
Raven
Kombatant

Congratulations on the new kitty
Wed May 12, 2021 1:19 am
Andy
Kombatant

Congratulations
Wed May 12, 2021 4:16 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Thank you, both ^_^

If I can, I'll think about taking screencaps from the videos of her as well - if I can find a cute enough shot, if so I'll think about submitting those for the Pet Gallery.

And despite what some peeps think, no I did not abandon poor Yoshimoto. My family will do our very best to save a sick kitty, but if all else fails we will take action and do what's best. Sadly, it usually ends in a 'RIP [insert cat name here] :'(' post - but surrender is a first for us.

Also, and as was obviously the case with Yoshimoto, at my behest we'll carry out the Rainbow Bridge security where applicable. Again, in mom's promise to first check with me, before making any hard decisions for Yoshimoto... mom did ask "Would today be acceptable?", when I phoned her about Yoshimoto showing signs of Pica.

And we don't like our cats to feel lonely, even more so if the surviving feline shows signs of pining - so we'll talk kittens as soon as we possibly can. I think Thunder is starting to pine for Yoshimoto, actually - but only nine more days, and he'll have a new baby sister to play with 0:-)

Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

You are right to give Yoshimoto away. Can you imagine the horrors if he died while you were watching an airing and causing bad memories? Airings are a happy time
Fri May 21, 2021 7:13 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

White Knight wrote:
You are right to give Yoshimoto away. Can you imagine the horrors if he died while you were watching an airing and causing bad memories? Airings are a happy time

Indeed! We did our very best to try and save Yoshimoto, and if the charity can fix him up then I'm sure another good family will take him in. We don't like a cat to suffer - but we also don't want the "Street Fighter is so bad, it killed Raul Julia" crowd making fun of them...

I feel my family does make sensible choices, when it comes to any needed vetting - mom even had to hurry up and let the frail Crystal go the very next day, the rush being due to the airings on E Honda's birthday. And much as Donut Lord can be a pain in the ass, I also encouraged mom to message him about us letting Crystal go, in case he wanted one last cuddle with Crystal (which he did) as it was he who chose and named her - just like how, seven years earlier, mom let me have one last cuddle with Blinky on the day we let him go.

But for the nay-sayers in my family's decision... if it helps, mom even let Yoshimoto keep the cat cage in which she transported him to the vet. To give him a bit of familiarity, y'know?

Sat May 22, 2021 2:21 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

update: I had a message from mom - I will have Jasmine next Saturday, rather than a week from now. Expect the 'new kitten' post then!

And, I do realise next Saturday is the Dennis Hopper anniversary - I have noted, how you can make the name 'Dennis' from the letters of Jasmine's full name, Jasmine Daniella Rosemary Farrell.

Sun May 23, 2021 10:25 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: