Pray for my dad...

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

Pray for my dad...
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

No he hasn't tested positive, but I just found out my dad is unwell, and has been sent to (ugh...) my local hospital. They think he'll be okay in a couple of days, but we can't be too sure especially in these uncertain times - and yes, I have made it clear to mom and to Gran, we will have to carry out the Rainbow Bridge security: Tuesday and Wednesday are my next two airing days, which means I have a final countdown tomorrow afternoon!

As my avatar implies, for family reasons my dad is a Ken main, so yes feel free to post Ken pictures (Vega-friendly, of course) as well. If we need to include Ken for this year's 'honours' in the Street Fighter mandate, I'm covered for that - there are two Ken recipes in the Street Fighter cookbook, though we may have to change some of the ingredients for one (yes Ken's Spaghetti Carbonara, I'm talking to you!)...

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:24 pm
Alexis
Kombatant

Species: Human

Hope your dad will stay alive especially now when airings are so important to you
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:23 pm
Arcadia Demon
Kombatant

Is your dad okay?
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:32 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Thank you both very much, for your concern.

Alexis, again yes I have made that Damme clear to the family, including how we must thus patrol my dad with military precision (get it? Get it??) - hell, when mom had her stent replaced four years ago, even Soma said I'd be strong enough to let her go (if nothing could be done, that is) 'as long as it doesn't fall on an airing'.

Arcadia Demon, yes I think so thus far - but despite the tests he's been having, the hospital doesn't know what's wrong with him, except no he hasn't tested positive.

But in case Setsuna asks, yes the hospital does know my dad came down with vertigo a couple of years ago, so they've done the hearing/balance tests in case the vertigo has kicked in again.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:52 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Let nothing bad happen to our princess's airings. No more nightmares please
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:39 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

White Knight wrote:

Ohhh, I have certainly made it clear Lemmy!

And the hospital will keep dad in for longer, as they continue the tests. They've tested him left, right and center but they STILL don't know what's wrong!

However, I learned dad felt dizzy and he fell when mom picked him up from the pub (this, I think, was what led to him being hospitalised), so it does sound like the vertigo may have kicked in...

Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:41 am
SuperBeast
Demon King/Sushi Lover/Smoker

Species: Hybrid
Profession: Professional Asshole.

White Knight wrote:

If you're worried about a movie playing on TV more than your dad's health, not only are you a shitty daughter, you're a shitty human being. Just saying. I know I try to avoid this section, but good lord, think of someone other than yourself.

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:29 am
Hassleberry
Kombatant

Drinking at the pub? Was he drunk?
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:55 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Hassleberry wrote:
Drinking at the pub? Was he drunk?

Far from it! He is usually careful how much he drinks (though he did once insult Jay, after having a few glasses...) - he just happened to be at the pub, when he felt dizzy, and again I ponder on the possibility of the vertigo kicking in again. Still no official diagnosis yet, though...

He also has this camera phone installed at his and mom's house, so he can phone home on the CCTV - he camera-phoned yesterday (the hospital did allow it, I'm guessing...), actually, when I visited mom after my airing. Mom had taken her car to the garage, when dad camera-phoned... and bless him, he is bored at the hospital. I know anyone would be, but... it's my local hospital, and IMO they still haven't really improved standards with regard to patient care - whereas the facilities in Liverpool are top-notch...

He is "Of COURSE!" Damme aware, that yes I am carrying out the Rainbow Bridge security for him - so if they need to keep him after June 29 (my next airing day), then he will require further military precision in him being monitored. He understands how I am about this - I dread the thought of the "Street Fighter is so bad, it killed Raul Julia" crowd sinking their fangs into him!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:20 am
Raven
Kombatant

Might be a good idea to turn your phone off when you are avoiding an airing to avoid any bad news
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:46 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Raven wrote:
Might be a good idea to turn your phone off when you are avoiding an airing to avoid any bad news

Oh no, he didn't phone during the airing - I visited mom hours after it, and that's when dad camera-phoned me. It's not the 'Ring' app (though I have suggested for dad to install that), it's an actual camera phone - does anyone have these??

Plus, my family knows not to bother me while I'm watching an airing. But if 'the worst' should happen, they'd likely either message me on Facebook, and/or phone me after the airing - or if it's within the final countdown, then no doubt they'd either text me or phone me.

And despite what some think, no I am not more concerned about a movie than simply the life of another person. Rather, it has been proven that the "Street Fighter is so bad, it killed Raul Julia" crowd WILL sink their fangs into anyone who passes on an airing day, or within a final countdown - hence my being forced to implement what I now call the 'Rainbow Bridge' security, after another Europe song. My family will gladly accept all marching orders, to patrol the sick/critical individual with all needed military precision!

Thankfully, thus far the Farrell household has had a clean sweep, whenever we were forced to carry out the Rainbow Bridge security. I'm still quite surprised, though, at the decision to surrender my sick kitty Yoshimoto - that's a first for us...

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:20 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:32 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

We're hoping dad can come home today - but all depends on whether or not the hospital can pull their fingers out of their asses, and actually pinpoint the problem. If so, mom hopes to do Sunday lunch tomorrow... and even invite Gran, my uncle Grahame and of course Charlotte and baby Murphy.

Mom is also very aware, about Tuesday being my next airing day (and possibly the last of this lot, lest I hear otherwise?) - so obviously, we'll continue to carry out the Rainbow Bridge security as needed, beginning when I start the final countdown on Monday...

Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:11 am
Mod Soul
Kombatant

Let's hear it for that final countdown music again!
Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:11 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Mod Soul wrote:
Let's hear it for that final countdown music again!

you'll have to wait for Monday, to hear it 0:-)

And the hospital just couldn't pinpoint what was wrong with dad, but they discharged him this evening and gave him some medication. Obviously, he's also happy he can finally resume seeing his dear 1-year-old granddaughter Murphy again - including that he will get to see her tomorrow, as yes mom will be planning a meal.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:24 pm
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Now that's a relief
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:06 pm

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: