RegisterFAQCalendarLog in
Ken Month!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

Ken Month!
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

It is Ken Month! Ken, Fang and Blanka all have their birthdays this month, respectively Valentine's Day, February 2 and February 12... but Ken gets the top vote, for family reasons.

I did briefly consider having February as Jenny Memorial Month, because my cat Jenny (April ? 1997 - February 10 2014) sadly passed away in Ken Month 2014, sadder still right after the ten-year anniversary of when we lost her twin sister Zelda (April ? 1997 - January 20 2004). As well as Jenny and Crystal being my two longest-surviving cats, as they both lived to the ripe old age of 16... Jenny (who would have been 17, had she made it past Airing Month!) was the last of my cats, from while I still struggled in my lethal education. As the late Blinky and the then-still-with-us Raul were my first two cats since I renounced my education eighteen years ago this spring, Raul became my family's oldest cat after we lost Jenny, and would hold that crown for very nearly four years.

As well as that... I've forgotten the exact date, but this will also be six years since Mod Soul joined us. When my doomed Christmas 2014 (see my article 'Jay Tavare's genuine kindness') occurred, already this forced me to put my foot down and campaign for a better Christmas for my family - even more so because, it was in the wake of that doomed Christmas... when certain people raised the stakes in their reign of terror, causing me to suspect my doomed Christmas could have been, ugh... just the advantage they needed...

But the point of mom threatening to repeat the Mute Incident also needed to be considered - and that can only mean one thing: Street Fighter. The need for a festive safeguard is, "Of COURSE!", where the Street Fighter mandate comes in - but as well as that, I decided to engage in the usual Street Fighter stuff anyway, such as to gather more of the famous Street Fighter socks... and yes, including and especially the need for an airing, which would obviously be my first for 2015 and, yes, at age 30. I prepared intensely, including a few orders by Roy-al decree - of course, one of my new shirts would have to be white again because of mom's threat to repeat the Mute Incident, so Roy ordered me a white shirt featuring classic 16-bit Dhalsim. I ordered the shirt in fact on the day before mom lectured me, in contribution to her threatening to repeat the Mute Incident; and it arrived a few days after the lecture.

Right after I marked the one-year anniversary of when we lost Jenny, the news came in that yes I was to have a new airing. Mom was already planning to do pancakes, for us and for her weekly ghost-hunting group (they usually go ghost-hunting on Tuesdays, so... 0:-) ) - but because it fell during my airing celebration, well yes it was another opportunity to spread the good news LOL. Even if I don't say anything, I only have to show up decked in full Street Fighter clothing, and most if not all folks know a certain godhood is soon to once again not be accepted Happy

And during that celebration, we also welcomed Mod Soul into the fold! Mod Soul, I'll admit I did briefly consider designing you in my fics as another disciple of Rainbow Mika - that is, on account of the Rainbow Mika action figure I had, as an airing gift at that time. Rainbow Mika is actually the first of my 'rare' SOTA version Street Fighter figures, I don't have Dhalsim, E Honda or any of the other special ones.

But I realise that's... I dunno, due to not only Rainbow Mika's reveal trailer, but also the finisher being used in hate attacks on I; and even a certain 'edit' of the finisher causing us to bash Luigi three years later. But yes, please be reassured I did punish Rainbow Mika for her insolence...

Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:27 am
Chatot
Kombatant

Chatot
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:07 am
Mod Soul
Kombatant

Thank you for remembering me
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:35 am
Zane
Hell Kaiser

Species: Human
Profession: Duelist
Bio: My life sucks at the moment but I am lucky to be alive...

Time flies. I remember joining here in my preteens.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:53 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Mod Soul wrote:
Thank you for remembering me

You're welcome! I do have plenty of stories (even that dirty love rat Mel said himself, that I have good memory), and you obviously played a small role in this one so there you go ^_^

And for those of you who collect the rubber ducks, I can say there are five more Resident Evil ones soon to be released! They are Ada, Nemesis, HUNK, the Merchant, and Tofu. Anyone planning on getting these?

If not the full set, I particularly want Ada and Nemesis. I'll see if I can twist my dad's arm, and get him to EBay them when they are available - though yes, needs must I'll keep fingers crossed for this damn lockdown to end, so I can look for them at my local Game store...

Also, mom had a bit of a hiccup this evening: she guessed 'herpes' was one of the answers, to a question on her current favourite gameshow! Oh, how I shuddered - I felt so uncomfortable about mom's guess, I thus had to tell her about certain wicked accusations against poor, dear Jay. Jay Time for our Jay-protecting anthem, methinks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKvjsI_4TDI

The good news is, mom guessed incorrectly - the answer was NOT 'herpes'!

Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:43 pm
Raven
Kombatant

I hope they will continue to have more ducks made
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:40 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Raven wrote:
I hope they will continue to have more ducks made

You collect them too?

And Jay, bless him, he showed me a Street Fighter 2 30th Anniversary post, and one of screenshots of someone playing as him-Vega in the Street Fighter: The Movie arcade game - including one of him beating up Grand L Bush's Balrog!

Very fitting, I know - next month will be the nine-year anniversary of when we learned of the Street Fighter X Tekken thing, which also means it'll be nine years since Jay sent me the signed photo of him as Vega... and, yes, Airing Month will be nine years since we had to say goodbye to my very sweet cat Blinky (October 13 2002 - April 12 2012), who was taken ill right after we became anti-Balrog. Should we prepare a memorial for this?

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:29 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:45 am
Alexis
Kombatant

Jay is always so sweet to you
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:55 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Alexis wrote:
Jay is always so sweet to you

He certainly is! Such a kind man...

And good news, for everyone who appreciates game movies! There will be a sequel to the Sonic movie, aptly titled Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - and the design of the 2 and the use of the Emerald Hill Zone theme confirms, another old favourite will be included ^_^

Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:20 pm
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

How cute. More ducks for your collection
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:49 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Neo Senshi wrote:
How cute. More ducks for your collection

They are rather cute - even the Nemesis one ^_^

And yes, because Resident Evil is a Capcom franchise... then this also means, the new ducks will go in my bathtub for all baths I take during airing celebrations.

Gran is also delighted to hear about Sonic the Hedgehog 2, yes especially because of Tails being in it. Remember, she has given her blessings on the franchise for the past 27 years, ever since Grandpa Ken got me a Tails plush as a belated 9th birthday present, and a Sonic one for Donut Lord - the two were the real stars of my 9th birthday party, along with my Super Mario birthday cake!

For anyone who wants to see Sonic the Hedgehog 2, filming will begin in Jay Month, and I think it's scheduled for release in 2022. We hope we can go to the cinema to see it - but if not, I'm prepared to have it downloaded, like how my dad downloaded the first movie a couple of weeks before we went into lockdown; and of course to get the DVD, once that is released.

Also, I read somewhere Jim Carrey is keen on putting on a large suit, in order to play the 'traditional' Dr Robotnik. His transformation into the iconic villain is complete at the end of the first movie.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:04 am
Mod Soul
Kombatant

Herpes should be a forbidden word
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:20 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Mod Soul wrote:
Herpes should be a forbidden word

Well said, girl! Jay himself even calls certain bad people -like those who believe the 'herpes' slander against him- 'keyboard cowards'.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:52 am
SuperBeast
Demon King/Sushi Lover/Smoker

Species: Hybrid
Profession: Professional Asshole.

Lol, he does have herpes, and he ruined two girls lives with it. I told him to go fuck himself online, and I'd tell him to go fuck himself in person. In the state I live in, he comes onto someone's property without permission, that person is well within the law to blow off his D-List actor kneecaps. Ain't that somethin'?

Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:50 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

oh, and happy birthday Blanka! With regard to mods for him, yes I would consider both human and transformed mods for him - Blanka's movie human self (as Charlie! nice theory) is cute ^_^

And happy Chinese New Year! It's the Year of the Ox this time. Jay did a lovely Chinese New Year post on Facebook ^_^

Oh, did anyone catch the Dan preview for Street Fighter 5? We also got a preview for Rose, and the remake of her Alpha 2 stage. It's nice, but why that one in particular? I personally would have voted for hers (and Birdie's, I know) Alpha 1 stage - it's got cats on it!

Also, I've talked with mom - she knows not to drop the H-bomb again. She is herself a Jay fan, especially after he's been so generous to me 0:-)

Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:00 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

oh no - I had a snooze this evening, and I had that damn 'jettison tube' nightmare again. Ugh, I know! But other than that, I'm fine 0:-)

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:40 pm
Mod Soul
Kombatant

What an awful nightmare. I wish you sweet dreams from now on
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:56 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Mod Soul wrote:
What an awful nightmare. I wish you sweet dreams from now on

Thank you very, very much. I have a serious problem with nightmares, so much that I have two dreamcatchers hanging in my games room.

Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:17 am
Mina
Kombatant

I am having nightmares every day thanks to Aliexpress
Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:45 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: