RegisterFAQCalendarLog in
I hate needles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

I hate needles
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

I will never get the covid vaccine unless they change it to a pill. I don't want two painful needles that could kill me!
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:03 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

Good point, Lemmy! Would a nasal spray be acceptable, as well?

And that is before we consider, my parents had their first dose of the vaccine within a final countdown! They understand, I would have kept quiet if they had the vaccine any old time - but they know I am genuinely terrified, of the "Street Fighter is so bad, it killed Raul Julia" crowd pissing all over them if... they should meet the same sticky fate as Dennis Hopper. Mom had to message me on Facebook, to tell me she and dad had no side effects from the vaccine!

Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:19 am
Raven
Kombatant

Species: Human

I also refuse to get the shot. I don't care what others say
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:06 pm
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:24 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Raven wrote:
I also refuse to get the shot. I don't care what others say

I utterly respect your wish, Raven. Is it a general decision... or, like me, have you had negative experiences with needles, including even adults actually bullying you about it? I respect the wishes of the pro- and anti-vaxxers, providing the pros don't bully or pressure the antis like to guilt-trip them and all.

Why, I think it's either this spring or summer... when it will be 30 years since the disastrous ear grommet removal op I had (the one for which an evil nurse years before Carie and Jenny and anesthetist genuinely bullied me about my fear of needles), yes at a country house-based private hospital which looked remarkably like the medical wing of the Castle de Maria Isabelle. Even now, I can still hear my cries of agony as the anesthetist stuck that needle in the then-6-year-old me, and the nurse was unkind to me about it as I kicked and screamed and begged them to remove it - how could they??

It is because of that disaster, why I cannot go alone to any of my appointments - mom or dad must always accompany me and make sure I am kept safe, even in anesthesia should the appointment in question be surgery. Gran once accompanied me to one of my dentist appointments - but that was when... I had to blacklist my then-dentist Tim Stanley (who retired ten years later, in Deadeye Month 2018), for the same reason why Tigggra blacklisted her dentist ten years this Bully Koopa Month, only Tigggra's was worse.

Now, I know what you're thinking - "What about the Mute For Coal Incident? Was there any needle trouble involved with that?"

Answer: thankfully not, although yes it was like every needle in the world in the one place more painful than the rear end: the heart. Also, for anyone who may even THINK about bullying me by saying the evil Carie will give me needles - may I correct you, and tell you she's in the preoperative department and so no she does not do needles; also, from her uniform I think she's the sister for the preoperative department.

However, when mom subsequently took me for my surgery at my crappy local hospital... the anesthetist initially suggested fitting the IV first and THEN gassing me, without first checking if, as is indeed the case, the patient has a phobia of needles. The fact I thus screamed at the anesthetist certainly put him in his place!

Also note, with regard to my appointments, nobody is allowed to come near me and certainly not speak to me without first letting mom or dad issue the marching orders - something Carie blatantly failed to do, and so just as I feared she, uhhh, carried out the Mute For Coal Incident; and I don't feel safe about doing all the medical questionnaires and stuff myself, which yes the first of the two preoperative nurses (Carie was the second, btw) bombarded me with and oh boy was I distressed, so mom or dad takes care of that for me. Obviously, we've had to increase our stance on all of this, and further circumstances would later also cause me to wait in such safer quarters as the ladies' room - two rather dangerous appointments saw two stupid cows call my name without first letting mom issue the marching orders, so on the second such case I snapped at the woman with "How dare you call my name without first speaking with my mother!"

And yes... I especially use the terminology 'marching orders', in case any such appointment falls during an airing celebration (i.e. bearing in mind, the military theme of the Street Fighter movie).

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 am
Kisara
Convention seeker

There are many different versions of the vaccine though

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:22 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Kisara wrote:
There are many different versions of the vaccine though

Still, we've made our anti-vax decision. And like my family friend said, I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to be vaxxed while under gas anesthetic.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 am
Altaria
Kombatant

Altaria
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:47 am
Raven
Kombatant

I know that every time I get a needle I get a sore arm and a big bruise
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:08 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Raven wrote:

Yikes! Well I never had that side effect with any needles, both vax and anesthetic - if anything, a broken heart, and any necessary action being taken. I need not remind y'all, a blood test cost the then-education-junkie mom my education!

Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:43 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

I can't promise anything, but I have heard there are talks about a possible nasal-spray or pill vaccine. Let's hope that's good news, if yes then the rules apply for my dress code and security at the appointment/s...

Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:00 pm
Hassleberry
Kombatant

Raven wrote:

I am lucky that I have not had that kind of experience.
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:10 am
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

I would be traumatized too. I hope it wasn't infected
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:18 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Neo Senshi wrote:
I would be traumatized too. I hope it wasn't infected

Yikes, that does sound scary!

And oh my stars, don't get me started on how one's trauma is another thing to be taken into account. If not forever, it can last for a long time, even worse if people bully her about her needle phobia. And yes, such classic "You deserve to be locked up" bullying is evidence enough, that telling her to "Get some help" will also rub salt in the wounds - and that is before we consider, needles may be involved in the so-called 'help'! Eeewwww!!

Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:21 am
Mina
Kombatant

That could be more of the fault of the healthcare worker than the actual needle itself
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:24 pm
Seto Kaiba
RIP my little fluffy potato 2/8/2021

Species: Depends who you ask
Profession: Depends who you ask

much as i hate needles i cant afford to not get it. dont like needles one bit but considering the circumstances and the work i do it would be a terrible decision for me to not get it when it becomes available

Seto kaiba: Big brother to Mokuba kaiba, BE Master & CEO of kaibacorp
Kaibaman:Duel Monster spirit from the spirit word
Suprise character: new character to appear soon

Discord Zess#4170 PLEASE ADD ME I NEED FRIENDS
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:18 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Mina wrote:
That could be more of the fault of the healthcare worker than the actual needle itself

True, but still it's traumatic and something needs to be done about it. My then-registered doctor (who has since retired) helped mom to book that nasty blood test for me, so oh boy did I put him in his place for it!

And yes, it is true how I've faced some very bad healthcare workers in my time, including the nurse and anesthetist at my ear grommet removal surgery. And the fact it occurred in a private hospital which resembled the medical wing of the Castle de Maria Isabelle, and so seeing poor Vega on that stretcher reminding me of the endangered 6-year-old me... well, 'nuff said!

Also note, I had two jabs done in two separate Deadeye Months - both of which I was genuinely bullied for, one way or another. My teacher at that time (who supposedly adored me...) was really nasty about the one in Deadeye Month 1994, even more so due to my blatantly obvious need for my Duck figure as a comfort; and when I was due the one in Deadeye Month 1997, this nasty Bible-thumper in my evil would-be high school teacher's group bullied me as well, deliberately pinching his skin and all with a cruel smile on his face. How heartless, I know!

Seto Kaiba wrote:
much as i hate needles i cant afford to not get it. dont like needles one bit but considering the circumstances and the work i do it would be a terrible decision for me to not get it when it becomes available

I respect your choice, but what about the pill, or the nasal spray when those become available? And I'm sorry if you too have had negative experiences with needles...

Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:10 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:17 am
Kisara
Convention seeker

Mina wrote:

Some of them can be very gentle but some can be very rough unfortunately

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:15 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Kisara wrote:
Mina wrote:

Some of them can be very gentle but some can be very rough unfortunately

Exactly - and as was the case of the nurse and anesthetist, at my ear grommet removal surgery. What happened to tender loving care, and how one cannot supposedly physically recover if her emotional wellbeing be not met? Even General Ran said himself, about how "Hospital is supposed to be a place of healing" !

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:48 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: