I hate needles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

I hate needles
Zane
Hell Kaiser

Species: Human
Profession: Duelist
Bio: My life sucks at the moment but I am lucky to be alive...

If you don't like whoever is giving you the shot you can refuse and get a different healthcare worker.

Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:06 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

Zane wrote:
If you don't like whoever is giving you the shot you can refuse and get a different healthcare worker.

Uhm yeah - that's why I'd make clear, my local hospital is not an option, if indeed pills and nasal spray vaccines become available. It'd have to be at either my registered clinic, or one of these 'local vaccination centers' which open up.

Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:51 am
Mistress 9
Saturn

Species: Senshi

I also hate needles too. I won't get the vaccine until I am 100% certain it will work. If I still have to walk around with a mask then what is the use
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:43 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Mistress 9 wrote:
I also hate needles too. I won't get the vaccine until I am 100% certain it will work. If I still have to walk around with a mask then what is the use

I respect your decision, so will it be a pill or a nasal spray for you then once you are certain?

Also, I'm sorry to hear about the Yashahime anime. Should we alert the admins, and ask them to give a heads-up on the homepage or something?

Hell, don't forget I myself could have unknowingly been cp'ed 25 years ago this summer-fall, so I'll stand with you if you want to do a Yashahime boycott. I even saw the culprit himself again, when I was out shopping last Spanish Deadeye Month...

Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:32 am
Last Quincy
Kombatant

If it is possible the nasal spray would be so much easier but I don't know if it works
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:47 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

I know it's over three weeks since the last post... but for those of you who will turn down the needle vaccine and hope for the alternatives, I hope my completing Mega Man: The Wily Wars the other day will help. It's an anthology of the first three Mega Man games, plus a special bonus game with three exclusive Robot Masters - which means yes, I beat the crap out of Needle Man (who is my last choice, on Mega Man 3).

I had previously considered completing Mega Man Network Transmission (Needle Man is one of the bosses therein), to get back at mom for when she bullied me about getting the Covid jab - but Gran talked my dad into knocking some sense into mom, so I called off that plan; not to mention, perhaps I could save that game like possibly for any future Santa Claude visits?

Needle Man has been the target of a fair number (if not all) needle-based attacks on I, ever since I pointed him out to mom just after she went behind my back and booked me in for that blood test - I asked her to guess my least favourite, since she'd previously guessed Snake Man to be my favourite... and she laughed, and immediately guessed "Needle Man! Nobody likes needles...". Yes, that includes some of the haters' previous nasty comments about giving me a needle, and even one by Lex about giving Vega a needle - in fact, last year (or it could have been 2019?) I saw a fanart of Vega getting a blood test, and he was not happy about it.

Because Needle Man is most vulnerable to the Gemini Laser (the weapon you obtain from Gemini Man, who is my third choice), well do we have any Geminis in the house? Happy (I myself am a Capricorn, by the way...)

I myself previously had a white shirt with a customised image of Gemini Man on it, I have worn it for some of my surgeries (whether or not I had airings at the time) - mainly as a polite "Fuck you", to anyone who might even THINK about giving me a needle while I am awake; I'm okay about any needlework being performed while I'm under anesthetic, obviously including when they fit the IV tube.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:28 am
Altaria
Kombatant

Altaria
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:07 am
Andy
Kombatant

I highly doubt every single person in the world will get the vaccine. There are lots of resistance and shortages
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:48 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Andy wrote:
I highly doubt every single person in the world will get the vaccine. There are lots of resistance and shortages

Not to mention, aren't the reported side-effects another concern?

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:36 am
Raven
Kombatant

Another reason to avoid the needle
Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:06 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Raven wrote:
Another reason to avoid the needle

Yes, it's something else I'm wary of. Ugh, I know!

Hell, when mom went behind my back and booked me for the blood test... yes, even then they forced me to waste my energy and wait ten minutes to check for side effects, instead of allowing me to eff off out of there. There were no medical side effects, per se - rather, mom's mean trick drastically increased my lethal downward spiral that year, and I became all the more distressed during those final few months in education... until mom finally allowed me to quit education for good (and, as it turns out, "Not for power, not for evil..." !), in fact eighteen years ago around this time. Happy anniversary to me, no?

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:05 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:58 am
Alexis
Kombatant

How awful. You should have refused such a painful test
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:11 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Alexis wrote:
How awful. You should have refused such a painful test

Tell me about it! But back then, in-between appreciating all I hold dear... my parents were very 'old-fashioned' not unlike some of my enemies, yes including threats to 'send me away' - and it made me terrified. So what a surprise (!), when mom chewed me out even more, as I was so distressed from the needle I ended up failing the college interview (which I would have refused to go to anyway, if only I were brave enough to) she'd already forced upon me for that day - she even once again used name-calling as her crude means of 'discipline'!

In her still being adamant about seeing me educated, mom still forced me into another college interview, even as she realised I was upset over the needle; and of course she and dad were very unsupportive, as I was upset over them breaking their 'no forcing Natalie to go on vacation' promise (I didn't want to go on a family vacation, after my NES broke down and, surprise surprise {!}, they didn't give a fuck when Donut Lord deliberately dropped the NES in the hopes to definitely break it on the day before we jetted off) in Nightwalker Month that year.

Though yes... my parents were slowly beginning to realise their deadly mistakes, especially "Of COURSE!" since I had found out about Raul Julia. Oh my stars, that was quite the eye-opening bombshell for my family I tell you!

Yes in fact eighteen years ago around this time, mom finally allowed me to quit education, she asked me if I would like to quit - and even then, I was still nervous about giving my answer, in fear of her telling me off for my wish to get the fuck out of it... so I turned in for the night. But she repeated her question the following morning... and had no gripes about my answer...

Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:09 am
Limey Man
Tea and pretty cutlery

Profession: Queer

What was the test for?

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:43 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Limey Man wrote:
What was the test for?

It was because of my broken leg. I got KO'ed by a speeding 4X4 (no 'revenge of the bonus game' jokes, please...) during my final year in education, and so spent 4 days in my crappy local hospital. Despite the staff being respectful, and the patient in the bed next to me turned out to be a Van Damme fan... even then, the hospital already had a few strikes against itself - including, in this case, severe malhandling of my fear of needles, specifically not only TWO blood tests (the one mom booked me for was my third), but also FITTING THE IV TUBE WHILE I WAS AWAKE, INSTEAD OF UNDER GAS ANESTHETIC. Ouch - and this was ten years before the Mute For Coal Incident!

Trouble is, as stated... mom went behind my back, and booked the blood test for the same day as a college interview she'd already forced upon me. As if I wasn't nervous enough about the college interview, I know!

And speaking of the Mute For Coal Incident, yes there was slight malhandling of my fear of needles, at my tooth surgery just after that - the anesthetist initially suggested fitting the IV first and THEN gassing me, an offer which I did NOT take to kindly and so I forced him to retract his suggestion! Thus, in contribution to tightening/upgrading my security... mom must now talk to everyone involved in my care, including to make clear that the anesthetist must gas me first, and to perform all needlework while I am under sedation - and fitting my IV tube is no exception.

Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:24 pm
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

How upsetting for you. It makes the pain worse
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:47 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Neo Senshi wrote:
How upsetting for you. It makes the pain worse

Exactly my point! The unkindness I faced made the sting of each needle all the more painful. I'm sure Tigggra felt the same, when she had her needle trouble with her dentist!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:58 pm
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

How very cruel!!! Pissed
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:29 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: