RegisterFAQCalendarLog in
April is Airing Month!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

April is Airing Month!
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

April is Airing Month, in honour of the airing celebration we dedicated to the memory of our dear big boss Master Haruka!

After we lost Haruka in Balrog Bashing Month 2006, we discussed it... and the board accepted my offer, to dedicate to her memory my next airing celebration since then. She herself encouraged airing celebration, especially the pre-airing gaming achievements - so, well, 'nuff said! Not to mention, I had only just made the big leap, in opting to wear a dress for my airings... so the celebration would also debut this new tradition.

Also at that time, as I completed a few games anyway as tribute to Haruka... Kunzite suggested I also aim for a Sailor Moon game obviously playing as Sailor Uranus - thereby encouraging me to wave the Uranus flag, in all all-Senshi Sailor Moon games (nine years later, Setsuna eventually encouraged me to wave the Mars flag, when it's Inners-only; but if possible, yes I'd main Kunzite because of his white cape). Had I thought about it, though... I'd have reserved the game I picked out -namely, that one where you need to use the Luna Ball to get the Outers' weapons to the bottom of the screen- to be the first achievement, for when the time came.

Six months went by, and still not even a nibble. But the big bite came in early April 2007, with two airings booked for what would be, I kid you not... the ten-year anniversary, of when we sadly had to let go of my cat Smokey (male gray tux; ? 1985 - April 16 1997); and the channel responsible for my airings would, itself, also lead to 2007 seeing my second Spanish Deadeye Month (remember, my first was in 2004, and was actually precisely what avenged the original Mute Incident).

I put the news forward here at the Realm, with the promise to dedicate the occasion to Haruka's memory - and it was Alexis, who suggested April should be Airing Month here. Kunzite, bless him, he also Emailed me to congratulate me on the news.

Additionally, I already had an opportunity for my traditional 'public advertisement' for airings: with the then-upcoming weekend being Easter that year, the day after I had the big news was the opening night for my local theatre's 2007 Easter production, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. So I would attend the play wearing the traditional Street Fighter regalia; I only have to arrive on the scene in my regalia, and everyone who knows me will know airings are imminent - and yes, with the theatre playing chocolate/candy-themed songs (well, obviously!) during the intervals, had I thought about it then I would have suggested 'Chocolate' by Kylie Minogue.

Apart from my airings today, tomorrow and on April 12 -the anniversary of when we sadly lost my cat Blinky (October 13 2002 - April 12 2012)- and 13, the one major date this month is this Sunday... as it will be Easter!

Presumably due to lockdown restrictions being lifted, mom has decided she will do Easter lunch this year - and she will invite Gran and my uncle Grahame over; and even though lamb is the traditional Easter meat, we can finally have the turkey we couldn't have last Christmas (i.e. due to lockdown restrictions). Donut Lord says he won't join us, but there's always a chance he may change his mind - with the way he's been acting over the last month or so, there's no knowing what his definite plans are.

Of course, yes mom says we can do an Easter egg hunt, as such I'll go look for more when I do my shopping on Saturday - though no doubt, we'll take care of that after lunch? I know it was for when me and Donut Lord were kids, but mom always said "He [the Easter Bunny] won't come if you don't eat your dinner"; also, with my being an auntie as of last year, yes I might as well set this example to my niece?

Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:01 am
Limey Man
Tea and pretty cutlery

Species: Human
Profession: Queer

Can't believe the year is almost half over

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:44 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Limey Man wrote:
Can't believe the year is almost half over

Almost half over?? That's Bully Koopa Month (June), not Airing Month LOL

And this month is also of note, as it'll be ten years since we last heard from a rather vicious hater who called herself Jenny de Cerna. After Zane and I conducted an investigation into someone framing me, we flushed out Jenny as the culprit, and Zane allowed me to return from another hater-induced absence - in fact, he had me return on Jay's big four-oh! Because of Jenny admitting to being a neo-Nazi and thus, yes, very much racist (so by god, I'm sure she has one hell of a price on her head, in the wake of the 'Black Lives Matter'!), my suggestion to play WWII-themed games -obviously, to beat up the Nazis- certainly went down a treat!

But in Airing Month that year, Jenny left one more 'nasty surprise' on one of the no-registration-required sections - so I alerted Zane, and he deleted it. We haven't heard from her since.

Inevitably, Jenny earned villain status in my fics - most notably, in the Street Fighter Movie Narration (the original draft of which, itself, will also mark its ten-year anniversary this year!), I came up with the idea of her being Sagat's second-in-command; and because of my considering her a 'traitor', I briefly shipped her with Albert Wesker from the Resident Evil games Laughing . As for her character design, in the end I couldn't resist - part of my inspiration comes from the 'brainwashed' Jenny the Aldeberan Cat sub-boss fight, on the Bucky O'Hare NES game.

Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:47 pm
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

Hope this is a good month too
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:47 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Neo Senshi wrote:
Hope this is a good month too

Well for one thing, we'll see whether or not I have more airings Happy

And no, my supermarkets didn't have the Hammer Brother action figure - but instead of EBaying for one of those, there's a Street Fighter USB I've been eyeing up for a while. Naturally, it will be exclusive for airing celebration - so providing it arrives 'in time', I can start using it right away Bow

Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:12 am
Andy
Kombatant

Street Fighter usb sounds cool. Which character?
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:06 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Andy wrote:
Street Fighter usb sounds cool. Which character?

No, it's just the classic Street Fighter logo, from the Street Fighter 2 era. However, I'll still take up Roy's offer to sell me an Evil Ryu controller holder, when his shop can reopen - and if at all possible, yes I'll consider getting him to order the Chun Li one as well.

There is also a Mega Man USB, which I'd also exclusively use for airings if I got that - but I'll think about EBaying for that in the future to come...

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:44 pm
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

I wish for lots if airings in Airing Month
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:28 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:51 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

White Knight wrote:
I wish for lots if airings in Airing Month

Well, fingers crossed Lemmy!

I spent Easter with my family, so I got to see my cats Jasper and Sapphire who live with my parents - but Donut Lord is still being awkward, he didn't even want the Easter egg from Gran! He's such a phallus...

Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:28 pm
Alexis
Kombatant

Happy Easter. Your cats must have been happy to see you again
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:09 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Alexis wrote:
Happy Easter. Your cats must have been happy to see you again

Happy Easter Alexis, yes they were very happy to see me. Sapphire and I had a few cuddles!

Jasper did growl a little bit - but that was mainly because mom hid his new cardboard box, ready for when Gran would arrive. He calmed down again, though, after mom let me bring the box back out.

I spoke with my dad about Donut Lord... and he was not offended, by what I had to say. As it turns out, when Donut Lord leaves the house... among other things such as college, he visits if not stays with a friend. So to reduce if not prevent any more trouble... why not give him a choice, of staying with the parents OR his friend (or anywhere else except, of course, my apartment for that matter)? I'd understand if he chose to stay with the parents, but deep down I'm sure they too would prefer he moves back out again - the point of possible "He's 33 and still living with your parents, for any reason BUT lockdown -fuck, why not book him into a 'quarantine hotel' or something- and/or to take care of them when they grow old??" comments is one thing, but he's being a real pain in the arse even toward them, which again was why dad completely unjustly snapped at me last month. Hell, I'd be just like Donut Lord if not worse (including that he himself called me a few hate crime names here and there!), had I given in to the crap which even he and some of my other real life enemies would spew at me - and the very thought of it makes me sick!

Not to mention, mom says the virus is on the rise in my local town - I think it was 95 new cases reported? Despite restrictions being gradually lifted, I think it was mentioned about another lockdown not being ruled out - so if Donut Lord was staying with his friend, at the time if a lockdown is announced if not when it comes into effect (i.e. a few days' notice is usually given, to give peeps time to prepare with all the 'non-essential' stuff and all)... then obviously, my parents may not want Donut Lord to return to the house, as in this case technically he'd be in his friend's 'social bubble' (I'm in my parents' social bubble, so I'm okay I guess...); and even more so, if Donut Lord and/or his friend test positive?? Ugh, it's not worth the risk if that happens!

Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:47 am
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

Cats are cute with their cardboard boxes
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:12 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Neo Senshi wrote:
Cats are cute with their cardboard boxes

Yes, I am familiar with the feline love of cardboard boxes Cute Cat

In fact, when Mel had his initial sickness episode over the 2019 summer vacation... one of the things he wrecked, was one of the cardboard boxes I had at the time. After the episode appeared to subside, I talked to mom about if she can get me a new cardboard box when she goes shopping - but she instead suggested asking my local corner shop, to see if they can. They happily donated one!

Shortly thereafter, I took that picture in the Pet Gallery, of Mel sitting in a cardboard box - in part, I suppose, in case anyone requests a picture of any of my cats in a cardboard box, what with the 'cats and cardboard boxes' trend; though I've forgotten, if it's the new box from my local corner shop. That picture was taken a couple of weeks before Mel was taken ill (i.e. when the episode returned, on what would be his penultimate day)...

Also, it turns out Donut Lord is I think having sort of 'visitations' with his girlfriend and my niece. Are they trying to patch things up?

If so, I still think if there is a new lockdown... then he should stay there (or anywhere else, if there's more trouble), if he's there at the time. Better safe than sorry, no?

Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:04 pm
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:25 pm
Arcadia Demon
Kombatant

If he moves back out with his girlfriend then that would be good for you
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:35 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Arcadia Demon wrote:
If he moves back out with his girlfriend then that would be good for you

It'd be good for all of us! He's been a pain in the arse for my parents, as well as me. I hope he gets his act together soon!

Not to mention... my dad would get to see my little niece more often! He plays a lot of classic children's songs for her, on the internet on his phone... but it turns out she really likes Adam Sandler's Song About Elmo, so yes even I have had to learn the lyrics to that one 0:-)

Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:21 pm
Mod Soul
Kombatant

I shall pray for you and I hope Jay does too
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Mod Soul wrote:
I shall pray for you and I hope Jay does too

Thank you very, very much Mod Soul. I hope Donut Lord gets his arse in gear, and leaves us (my family) alone!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:23 am
Gin
Kombatant

Species: Soul Reaper
Profession: Super Nerd

Then good luck with getting your wish to come true
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:19 pm

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: