RegisterFAQCalendarLog in
May the 4th be with me!

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

May the 4th be with me!
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

As mentioned, I have an airing booked for Star Wars Day - which just happens to be the 18-year anniversary, of the first step toward just why airings mean so much to us as they do today.

As you know, late last month-early this month I marked 18 years since I renounced my education. Back in the day, my parents were still a tad 'old-fashioned' including about education and shit... though they'd still open their eyes and realise their mistakes where needed, especially "Of COURSE!" after I dropped the heartbreaking bombshell about Raul Julia. My parents' mistakes (and the resulting scars) altogether was one thing; and we have been shocked to learn of a few criminal complications about some of those mistakes... but the fact mom initiated the NES War on the same day as Raul's funeral was even worse for me!

Well, just after I first went to meet my cat Blinky (the one who I sadly lost, just after we became anti-Balrog) ahead of moving into my apartment... I admitted to mom, I'd bought another batch of games as something to look forward to after yet another dreary day of college - and rather than bite my head off, she asked me if I'd like to quit. My age (this was while British law made education compulsory, up to one's 16th birthday) aside, mom could finally see education altogether -not just certain fields thereof- was lethal for me!

I was afraid to give the obvious answer, in fear of my parents lecturing me and biting my head off about seeing me educated... so I retired for the night. But mom repeated her question the following morning... and she was in no way angry, for my obvious response. I was still forced to have a housewarming, when I moved into my apartment (who cares if certain relatives supposedly 'expect' a housewarming, it's MY apartment not theirs and I didn't bloody want one!!) - but mom learned from that mistake, particularly as I had to dish out consequences for her forcing me to have a housewarming; and I still had to go and see my college tutor one last time, to discuss my decision... but I felt a sense of relief, as I finally walked out of those college doors for good...

...And, as it turns out, "Not for power, not for evil"! My only wish was to live my days out happily as a gamer, and maybe soldier on and take my fight to the street where needed - oh, I certainly got a little more than just that! Just a few weeks after I settled in, I learned channel Five (who, a year later, would also be responsible for my first ever Santa Claude visit) were going to do a documentary on Jean-Claude Van Damme. For the hell of it, I decided to watch it, in the hopes of seeing a few clips of him in Street Fighter and a few positive mentions here and there.

I certainly got more than what I bargained for! As well as the clips I hoped to see, throughout the documentary a subheading flashed, revealing which of Van Damme's movies Five would air over the coming weeks, and when - and Street Fighter was indeed on the list, scheduled for Star Wars Day! "May the 4th be with you" indeed, I know!

Since then, and indeed even more so since I fell all the more for the Street Fighter movie... May 4 has obviously meant a little more to me, than just Lightsabers and THAT COSTUME from Return of the Jedi. It even turns out, my cat Raul (who yes I named after Raul Julia) was born on May 16 that year, 12 days after the airing.

In fact, when I had my 2017 tooth surgery at Liverpool... my initial appointment with Eleanor fell on Star Wars Day that year - and the fact my appointment was at 2:30 (get it? Get it??) that day certainly didn't go unnoticed, either. No airings were imminent at the time of this appointment, so for that I wore a white shirt with Pac-Man on it.

Then, on Star Wars Day 2018, I began my first airing celebration without little Raul. Just that day, I had told Roy about it being the anniversary of that special airing; and we had discussed about his rule, of me updating my sale ID photo at his shop whenever I host airing celebrations - in particular, as I hadn't had any airings since just before Raul was officially taken ill. Basically, I hadn't updated in about six months - so would I be in trouble for this?? Roy reassured me otherwise, that updates are only needed like annually, or if the customer gets a tattoo or could do with a haircut or something.

Spoke too soon! That evening, I had the announcement for my airing on May 21 that year, a couple of days after the royal wedding. I began the usual traditions; and among other things, we booked Raul's successor, Yoshimoto Imagawa Farrell, to have his 'operation' on what would have been Raul's 15th birthday... but yes the point of me getting an announcement 15 years to the day since a most significant airing certainly didn't go unnoticed Happy

Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:58 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

We need a Star Wars celebration for the next airing
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:24 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

White Knight wrote:
We need a Star Wars celebration for the next airing

Hence my suggestion for the banner, of course! One will also note the hint of Darth Vader influence, in the design for Bison's uniform in the movie.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:18 am
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

That's a great banner idea
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:56 pm
Arcadia Demon
Kombatant

May the Force was a big talk among my Star Wars friends who are proud to be nerds
Thu May 13, 2021 3:48 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Arcadia Demon wrote:
May the Force was a big talk among my Star Wars friends who are proud to be nerds

That's pretty neat. You should tell them, then, how you can make THAT COSTUME from Return of the Jedi for female custom characters on Soul Calibur 3.

Donut Lord actually signed up, on that site where you can register 'Jedi' as your religion - but somehow, his account got deleted...

May 5 is also Revenge of the Fifth, and May 6 is Revenge of the Sixth - both dates designated to celebrate the Dark Side, as the celebration names are a pun on the title 'Sith'.

And... I do realise, I surrendered Yoshimoto on Revenge of the Sixth 2021, so obviously I was not in the mood for Dark Side celebrations that day...

Thu May 13, 2021 4:51 pm
Altaria
Kombatant

Altaria
Fri May 14, 2021 12:54 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: