Prayers for Yoshimoto
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

Prayers for Yoshimoto
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:33 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

Neo Senshi wrote:
Prayers for Yoshimoto

Thank you very, very much Neo Senshi 0:-)

Some idiots are still grumbling about the surrender decision - well, I think it's pretty clear, I'd like to tell them what they can do with their opinions. I again thank my friends, who support me and know I did the right thing.

And yes, as my profile implies... there is no current need to panic, as the lack of airings means we also lack a need to carry out the Rainbow Bridge security for now.

I did actually look up about advanced kidney disease in cats - and one page about knowing the right time to euthanise did, itself, mention some of the symptoms which Yoshimoto had:

-Hiding. Yoshimoto's habit of finding one comfort zone at a time - including that he hid in one of my cupboards (I have a picture of him hiding there)

-Sudden weight gain or (in this case) loss. Again, Yoshimoto somehow became very skinny and I could even feel his spine. However, he has bulked up a bit in his new home.

-Mental confusion. Eating the cat litter (which was the red flag for vetting Yoshimoto) could hint at this - along with when, as a kitty, he chewed at some of the nails holding my phone cable in place.

-Incontinence. This was Yoshimoto's initial concern, and for some reason he most favoured the bottom of my stairwell at first.

-Inability to walk. This was only half-ish the case, as he could sometimes walk from one spot to another - but again, remember he would sit for hours in one comfort zone at a time, possibly hinting his legs were weak. After I caught him red-handed for the incontinence, he would then restrict his accidents to the upstairs dominance of my apartment - another possible sign of his weak legs, maybe?

Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:13 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:50 pm
Raven
Kombatant

Species: Human

You did the right thing. That is too much of a burden for you and you don't need trouble when you have important things to do
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:06 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Raven wrote:
You did the right thing. That is too much of a burden for you and you don't need trouble when you have important things to do

Thank you. I would have looked after Yoshimoto if I could, even set up puppy pads (or whatever they're called) and stuff around my apartment to help with the incontinence, or given him medication if that was offered.

And haven't the nay-sayers ever heard of the expression 'being cruel to be kind'? Okay, I know there are limits to the rule - but in this case, my mom always knows when it's right to vet or at worst euthanise a sick cat, and Yoshimoto eating cat litter was a definite sign that something wasn't right. When red flags are waved, we will let the professionals handle it.

If hard decisions have to be made, yes mom will always check with me first - even more so if airings are imminent, with Yoshimoto being the third such case in my family. But surrender is now also an option for us, since that can be done...

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:53 am
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

It is actually quite common to surrender especially when the owners can't afford the cost
Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:28 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Neo Senshi wrote:
It is actually quite common to surrender especially when the owners can't afford the cost

Oh, we could afford the cost if needs must - don't forget, dad rejected my offer to pay him back for Mel's vet bill. I realise it's likely because, he knew I was worried for my sick baby... but bless him, I know 0:-)

So when I waved Yoshimoto's red flag, yes I said I'd pay mom back for the vet bill in this case, as yes I also had to for his predecessor Raul three years earlier. However, no vet bills were incurred for Yoshimoto, because of him being surrendered and especially with the surrender being to a charity.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:52 am
Raven
Kombatant

They should leave you alone with their negativity. It is your cat. You can do whatever you want with it
Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:33 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Raven wrote:
They should leave you alone with their negativity. It is your cat. You can do whatever you want with it

Indeed, Raven. I would respect their own decisions, providing it's a good, kind reason (and, 'where applicable', they will make any serious choices with military precision!) - and they showed sympathy when we had to end a cat's suffering, but why be nasty if we have to surrender them (as well as, of course, if mom finds me a new kitten so soon after we surrender or euthanise the previous cat)? How about I pull the same mean stunt on the nay-sayers were they in my position, and see how they like it?? I'd like to tell the nay-sayers, what they can do with their negativity!

Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:54 pm
Altaria
Kombatant

Altaria
Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:55 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Some people did, however, sympathise with the decision to surrender Yoshimoto - I thank them for their understanding 0:-)

Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:28 pm
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Nay sayers should be turned to stone
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:59 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

White Knight wrote:
Nay sayers should be turned to stone

Then get to it Laughing You could even play this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT83tuwbbFI , as you make your big entrance to stone them!

Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:14 am
Raven
Kombatant

How would they like it if a pet died while they were watching something important??
Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:22 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Raven wrote:
How would they like it if a pet died while they were watching something important??

That's a very good point, Raven. I mean, a lot of peeps (including my dad) were watching the Euro 2020 soccer final, so... well, we've all seen Flushed Away, for example...

And I was saying to mom the other day, like to sort of shut down and/or up the nay-sayers... if I was still allowed to keep Yoshimoto, then I'd have certainly put him on the kidney support food to keep him going for as long as we can, as well as how obviously Thunder would have to eat it for a while as well (like how whenever we have a new kitten, the other cat will also have to eat kitten food for the time being). But mom says he'd have still kept on having accidents - but what matters is, as long as he's happy in his new home, which he is.

Basically, my family doesn't like our pets to suffer - yes, including that we don't want them to suffer the agony of the "Street Fighter is so bad, it killed Raul Julia" hate trend ripping into them...

Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:12 am
Alexis
Kombatant

Raven wrote:

It would be extra painful
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:02 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Alexis wrote:
Raven wrote:

It would be extra painful

Aye!

At least my family was gentle with regard to Raul's end-of-life care, no? Because I had to look after him throughout a Deadeye Month, I was also terrified about mom once again breaking Ibuki's Law if he died, i.e. due to my obviously being upset over Christmas - oh, thank god that fear was proven unfounded...

Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:04 pm
Zane
Hell Kaiser

Profession: Duelist
Bio: My life sucks at the moment but I am lucky to be alive...

Take good care of Jasmine the best you can.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:16 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Zane wrote:
Take good care of Jasmine the best you can.

Of course! Remember, her next vet check-up is July 26.

As for how Balrog's birthday is the earliest date we can snip her, mom and I will talk closer to the time. It also depends on whether or not I have any airings, when she's ready to be snipped.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:18 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

They need to stop being mean to our princess!
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:26 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: