RegisterFAQCalendarLog in
Dedicating an airing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

Dedicating an airing
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Should the next airing be dedicated to the Queen?
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:54 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

Awwww Lemmy, that's very kind of you 0:-)

We still don't know when I will have any big news, again let alone if King Charles III's coronation will fall during an airing celebration... but yes, of course we should dedicate it to the Queen! I hope she and Prince Phillip are taking good care of Yoshimoto - i.e. because remember, he took ill around the time of Prince Phillip's funeral...

Like a lot of British people, yes I have only known living through the second Elizabethan era... and the loss of the Queen and then the upcoming coronation is a big deal for us. Mom even thought it was 'very nice' of me, to adorn my Facebook profile with the same Cammy pic I used after we lost Prince Phillip a year earlier - i.e. again, because this is for a British royal, and Cammy is herself British by adoption; and yes, my airings on September 17 and 21 (as well as the boatloads of airings, soon after we lost Prince Phillip) obviously limited my profile choices at the time. Cammy's win quotes even happen to include "Britannia rules the waves!", and "Glory to the British Empire!!" .

Also note, there is a Capcom character in fact named Charles III, just like our new King! https://viewtifuljoe.fandom.com/wiki/Charles_The_Third ...Hmmm, should I include the GameCube and/or PS2 versions of the original Viewtiful Joe, among the pre-airing gaming achievements...?

Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:14 am
Biyomon
Kombatant

We just need to have one soon Hug
Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:49 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Biyomon wrote:
We just need to have one soon Hug

How very true, Biyomon! But how sweet of Lemmy, to offer to dedicate it to the Queen - this is a very big deal, for all pro-monarchy British people and not just me. And because we have a British representative in the Street Fighter games... well, there you go, including to consider our options for airing food when the time comes.

I think I read, that the coronation takes place much later after... the new monarch ascends to the throne, to still give peeps time to mourn our previous monarch even after the national period of mourning or something like that?

And this won't be the first time mom insisted on a street party - she threw one for VE Day (and then a garden party for VJ Day), back in 1995. We had music and even karaoke back then, hence me raising the question about music for this time - though the primary focus should be on British musicians such as, say, Long John Baldry. If a certain noisy insect quartet crops up, however... then I'll just retreat inside my parents' house and play some Kylie music.

And as if the excitement of the VE Day party wasn't enough, one episode of the Bucky O'Hare cartoon was on TV the very next day! All the more reason, to not rule out about airings soon after the coronation...

Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:40 am
Jaden
Kombatant

Great idea. I will love to watch this special event

Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:43 pm
Raven
Kombatant

Species: Human

Vega fans everywhere were crying when the queen passed
Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:15 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Raven wrote:
Vega fans everywhere were crying when the queen passed

Indeed we were!

Again, yes there is the point of the Queen arguably being my family's biggest case, of carrying out the Rainbow Bridge airing security. Just two days earlier, I began my most recent airing celebration (for the airings on September 17 and 21) - by which time, the Chinese Bucky O'Hare NES game won the vote to go first, putting the Korean version second and, yes, I opted to use the Chun Li avatar and the Chinese flag for my profile here.

On the Queen's penultimate day, I had to go into town, to update my sale ID photo at Roy's shop, and of course make a start on the airing food (and maybe one or two airing gifts) - please remember, that my sale ID photo is an important legal photo, so dressing well for such a thing is one prime duty of the Shirt of Chivalry. I made a start on the Chinese Bucky O'Hare NES game when I came home, and completed both it and the Korean one the following morning.

But, I was just winding down from completing both games... when the news came in, of concerns being raised about the health of the Queen. Normally, I wouldn't have panicked so, and simply watched and waited for further developments - but I had airings imminent! I phoned Gran and my parents right away, and they were more than happy to carry out the Rainbow Bridge security as needed - so I messaged mom with the details of both airings, including their respective final countdowns.

In addition, I picked the Cammy avatar and UK flag for my profile here, again because of her being British by adoption. For my Facebook and I think my desktop image, I even used the same Cammy picture I previously used, when we lost Prince Phillip a year earlier - mom thought this was 'very nice' of me.

However, from the indications given... Gran felt that the dreaded protocols codenamed Operation London Bridge (and, as it turns out since the Queen was in Scotland, Operation Unicorn) was now very certain. The royal family was flocking to Balmoral Castle (where the Queen was staying), and soon enough one Operation London Bridge protocol was in effect: news reporters started wearing black.

The sad news was announced just around half six UK time, literally right after I'd messaged mom, and asked her to notify me if she hears the Queen has died - so I had to phone mom, and let her know I'd sadly spoke too soon. This now meant that we have a new king: Charles III, who will be formally crowned in Dennis Hopper Memorial Month, in fact on the two-year anniversary of when we surrendered Yoshimoto.

Again, I know rainbows usually occur due to a high amount of rain and all... but there were reports of real rainbows at the time of our sad news. The double rainbow sighted over Buckingham Palace literally just minutes before the Queen's passing was announced has, very sweetly, suggested to be the Queen and Prince Phillip taking their final bow to the British people; while my family thinks, that the single rainbow seen over Windsor Castle after the announcement came in could very well be Yoshimoto, yes because of him being taken ill at around the time of Prince Phillip's funeral - purrhaps they were looking after him, up there in Heaven?

Mom also found a newspaper special about the Queen, so she put that aside for me - I still have that on my bookshelf.

When mom took me to that gaming event a couple of days after we lost the Queen, yes even the food stalls at the food court had their TVs on, displaying our sad news and the current progress of Operation London Bridge. I had to explain to some of my real life friends, particularly those who voted for the Chinese and Korean Bucky O'Hare games, that I had completed them on the day when we lost the Queen - they were very sympathetic, and some even suggested, that I should complete something else to make up for it. Again, our sad time made it tricky for me to complete more games - but that kind suggestion, and the discovery of the Spanish and Finnish Bucky O'Hare games, is indeed the prime reason why I won't rule out the possibility, of the coronation falling during my next airing celebration (again, unless I have airings beforehand)...

While mom and I sat down for lunch, I did mention about possibly playing music by British artists, one such singer being Long John Baldry (but yes, I particularly wanted him, because he voiced Komplex in the Bucky O'Hare cartoon and the arcade game). I know about the royal family ruling over the Commonwealth, as well as just the UK - but again, the primary thought would be of all things British, y'know?

The funeral was booked for September 19, which meant it was sandwiched (no British pun intended) in-between both airing days. But as is usual, unfortunately it was closed casket, so you know what that means for us - and as I had for Prince Phillip a year earlier, I had Cammy do the honours, with this being for a British royal.

As well as awaiting the coronation, one of the 2023 calendars I chose was one about the Queen - it only felt right, y'know?

Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:12 am
Altaria
Kombatant

Altaria
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:27 am
Mod Soul
Kombatant

Still no airing announcement?
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:31 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Mod Soul wrote:
Still no airing announcement?

Unfortunately, no...

But again, if I have airings soon after the coronation... then with Cammy having now been officially revealed for Street Fighter 6, I'm thinking of using this screencap of her https://i0.wp.com/thegamehaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Sony-State-of-Play-Livestream-_-PlayStation-February-2023-1-23-35-screenshot.png?fit=854%2C480&ssl=1, for my Facebook profile pic and cover photo. With my country's flag on the back of her jacket, well it only feels right to consider her new look for if this is the case!

Yes, I'll certainly consider using it anyway, if I have airings before the coronation or if I get an announcement soon after - but whatever the case is, I'll still have to use some form of Vega pic, because of the Spanish Bucky O'Hare game...

Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:07 am
Biyomon
Kombatant

An airing will cheer you up from any sad news
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:20 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Biyomon wrote:

Let's hope I can soon get the Damme good news, then 0:-)

Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:21 am
Green Ninja
Kombatant

Species: Reptile

Which is better? An airing or coronation or are they both the same
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:19 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Green Ninja wrote:
Which is better? An airing or coronation or are they both the same

Airings are very important to us, as anyone can tell - but with them happening at a moment's notice, they have been known to clash with important occasions, and even occur on fighters' and cast members' birthdays... which would make the other occasions extra special. Unfortunately, we all know Carie threw a spanner in one such works, for which I can never forgive her...

Even while the Queen was still with us, I was already looking forward to the gaming event a couple of days after we lost her, though whether or not I could go all depended on the green in my wallet LOL - but then came my airing announcement, so I guess I'll have to go! Such events as this are a good way to sort of 'advertise'/'promote' the imminent airing/s, and hopefully rake in more viewers - even if I don't say anything, I only have to arrive on the scene dressed in Street Fighter regalia... and everyone knows that airings are imminent!

Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:42 am
Alexis
Kombatant

Biyomon wrote:

I hope that medicine can happen soon
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:39 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Alexis wrote:
Biyomon wrote:

I hope that medicine can happen soon

I hope so too. Thank you very much for that, Alexis 0:-)

Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:21 pm
Limey Man
Tea and pretty cutlery

Profession: Queer

Good with either one

Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:32 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Limey Man wrote:
Good with either one

Ahhh yes Limey Man, you were the one I had in mind, when I said I think we have one person here who might be a fan of British culture? What's your opinion on our new king?

And if anyone else here decides to celebrate the coronation... then I would suggest you avoid playing the song Give It Up, by KC and the Sunshine Band. I do like that song - but just after we lost the Queen, some wicked soccer hooligans chanted "Lizzie's in a box", to the tune of Give It Up. Nasty, I know - the hooligans would still sing it, even after they were condemned for doing so!

So in my opinion, Give It Up would feel inappropriate for the coronation - not unlike how I feel, that the music of a certain rowdy insect quartet would feel inappropriate for Christmas, yes because of the infamous "We're more popular than Jesus" slur...

Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:51 pm
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:54 pm
Andy
Kombatant

Only less than 3 months until May
Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:56 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: