RegisterFAQCalendarLog in
February is Mod Soul Month!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

February is Mod Soul Month!
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

Thanks to some folks twisting my arm here, February is now Mod Soul Month - in honour of Mod Soul having joined us during my first airing celebration of 2015. Again, I remember about her joining us at that time... as it was in the wake of the events resulting in my creation of the Street Fighter mandate, hence such a valued significance in when she joined.

Don't worry Mod Soul, without your consent I won't ask when your birthday is. I say so because, Raven had previously suggested about another month being Jasmine Month - so I told her, Jasmine's birthday is in Airing Month.

No major dates this month, besides Blanka and Ken's birthdays (February 12 and Valentine's Day, respectively). Out of the two, Blanka joined the 'airings on a fighter's birthday' pantheon, in fact he himself did so in the wake of the Mute For Coal Incident.

But I'll go and check out that new gamer cafe, and see if I can pull a few strings with them for future airing celebration...

Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:51 am
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

A great honor for Mod Soul
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:20 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Neo Senshi wrote:
A great honor for Mod Soul

A great honour, indeed!

I did, however, just remember one important date: this month will be ten years, since Ryu had to dedicate his fight to my cat Jenny (April ? 1997 - February 10 2014). Jenny was one of my two longest-surviving cats, as she and Zane's favourite 'pampered Persian princess' Crystal (October 22 2003 - November 1 2019; and who happened to be successor to Jenny's twin sister, Zelda [April ? 1997 - January 20 2004]!) both lived to the ripe old age of 16, Jenny herself would have been 17 had she made it past Airing Month that year... as well as the last of my cats, from while I still struggled in my lethal education (speaking of which, late Jay Month-early Airing Month this year will be 21 years since I renounced my education).

After we lost Jenny, mom initially decided against getting a new kitten - she already had Crystal and Jasper. But a few months later, she messaged me on Facebook asking if I knew if any kittens were available, and that she was keen on having a ragdoll (but what she didn't say was, that she was secretly keen on getting me a ragdoll too!). I was surprised to hear this, but a year later we welcomed Sapphire into the family, and then of course another six years later I myself had Jasmine.

Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:56 am
Chatot
Kombatant

Chatot
Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:09 pm
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Happy Mod Soul month!
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:47 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Until I came up with the R Mika thing for Mod Soul, I had actually previously envisioned about her wearing with her outfit a blue scarf bandanna, similar to the red one with a white star motif and the white silk Chinese one I wear with my airing dresses - no other ideas on the rest of the outfit, though, except some kind of casual design. Any thoughts?

Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:33 pm
Mod Soul
Kombatant

Thank you everyone. Group hug!
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:12 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Mod Soul wrote:
Thank you everyone. Group hug!

You are most welcome. Please remember, the verdict was made due to the significance of when you joined us 0:-)

Just don't ask me about Bleach (where you and Gin get your names from) - that's one anime I haven't seen...

On another note, Gran found my missing lanyard! She brought it over for me today, along with a new shopping trolley for me (my old one died, while I was out shopping on Thursday - it only barely made it back to my apartment...) and a book about cat breeds.

I have put two Disney Lorcana cards featuring -yes you guessed it- Princess Jasmine in both of the lanyards, it's the disguised Jasmine (when she flees to the marketplace) but I hope to find cards of her wearing her beautiful white wedding dress. Obviously, the point of Aladdin being among Capcom's Disney collab qualifies the Princess Jasmine cards to go in the lanyards - and I'll say it again, I don't doubt that I'd get a vote from Sephiroth on this decision...

Gran has also begun talks with my parents, about closed casket funerals being a no-no for me. My family is very aware, of my issue with closed casket funerals - but either they forgot about Balrog being the source of the issue, despite mom herself having actually called Balrog 'the nasty man'; or for some reason they didn't know?

She still needs to talk with them, though, about how I cannot go closed casket - on the threat of my cursing the souls of everyone 'involved' for all eternity (but with the 'small mercy', of the Rainbow Bridge security 'where applicable'), if this rule is broken.

Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:22 pm
Alexis
Kombatant

Species: Human

Happy Mod Soul month.
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:30 pm
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:29 pm
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Enjoy a good month Mod Soul
Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:09 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

With the exception of the news about King Charles, Mod Soul Month has started off well too - I've picked up a few more decent games, ready for future airing celebration:

-Mega Man 3 (NES) - oh, I wouldn't leave town without that one, when I did my shopping on Thursday! As always, I have a specific order which, yes, I repeat in the teleporter hatches - and it even affects my choices, for the Doc Robot battles.

Snake Man is my obvious favourite, and my least being Needle Man - heck, just after mom once went behind my back and booked me to have a needle on the same day as my college interview (this was, indeed, one of the reasons why I renounced my education)... she instantly guessed Snake Man to be my favourite and Needle Man the worst, when I showed her an old ROM of Mega Man 3.

-Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - thanks to an invincibility cheat, I can now fully enjoy this classic Happy . Actually, yes another reason why I chose it... is because of the planned Donkey Kong expansion at Super Nintendo World, with the mine cart ride.

I now particularly main Donkey Kong himself, though I'll still use Diddy if I need to dash and reach certain areas.

-The Addams Family (NES) - yes, I chose it for Raul Julia! I saw it on the day when I bought Mega Man 3 - but I still needed to do my grocery shopping, so I opted to think about it.

As luck would sort of have it, my hairdryer was starting to fuck up and overheat that morning, so I had to go easy on drying my hair... and it was still waning the following morning, so my dad came over to take me to choose a new hairdryer (I'm hesitant of repeatedly choosing a shit one...). At the same time, he looked for the Sour Patch Kids candy he likes... but he could only find the zombie variety, so in return for taking me to get my new hairdryer, I went into town again to look for that candy for him (which I did find)...

...So I seized the opportunity, and I bought The Addams Family. I tested out some cheat codes for it, and they work fine - so yep, the game is ready to roll for when the time comes...

Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:21 pm
Piplup
Kombatant

Piplup
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:00 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

And in case anyone asks... yes, I will play as Toad, when I complete Super Mario Kart. Initially, the vote went to Bowser, yes because of why I created the Rainbow Bridge airing security - but in light of the sad news about Mojo Nixon, I'm sure there may be calls for Toad to have his time on the stage?

I happen to main Toad on good old Super Mario Bros. 2, so yes we're covered on that front as well.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:28 pm
Chatot
Kombatant

Chatot
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:32 pm
Piplup
Kombatant

Piplup
Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:51 pm
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Gracia wrote:
And in case anyone asks... yes, I will play as Toad, when I complete Super Mario Kart. Initially, the vote went to Bowser, yes because of why I created the Rainbow Bridge airing security - but in light of the sad news about Mojo Nixon, I'm sure there may be calls for Toad to have his time on the stage?

I happen to main Toad on good old Super Mario Bros. 2, so yes we're covered on that front as well.

Good for you Thumbs Up
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:50 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Neo Senshi wrote:
Gracia wrote:

Good for you Thumbs Up

Thanks Happy Well there's four in my family (including Donut Lord, were he still around and not the asshole that he is...), and four in Super Mario Bros. 2... and my mom mains Princess Peach, so I've shared each character out 'IMO'. So I'd be Toad, because (let's face it) he is adorable; my dad would be Luigi, because of a Luigi toy which came with a Mario-themed McDonald's Happy Meal he bought me when I was 32; so that leaves Donut Lord with Mario himself.

But when I heard about Mojo Nixon, I knew Lemmy might lead some kind of petition for me to pay tribute, since he is himself a Mario fan (as his name and avatar imply!) - so it looks like Toad will win every cup in Super Mario Kart, when the time comes!

Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:06 am
Mistress 9
Saturn

Happy Mod Soul month, friends
Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:50 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

And I know today is Valentine's Day, but who else here still celebrates it as Ken's birthday?

I'm sure Mel must have fake-celebrated it (if not genuinely so, as he was a Ken fan?), while feigning attraction to me? It was indeed also in part for him, why I still kept February as Ken Month - but after we learned the truth, yes I was still a tad... unsure, but of course certain family reasons Kenvinced me after all, until we came to the Mod Soul Month decision. My cat Mel (who I named after him, while still blissfully unaware; I thought of the kitty as our fur baby together) certainly had his namesake's cheeky charm in him, too Laughing Cute Cat

Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:03 pm

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: